For localization projects where content needs to be translated in both Simplified and Traditional Chinese languages, linguistic teams can now save a lot of time when translating into these languages: by first translating into one of the two languages, Wezen will then suggest translators a converted version of translations already saved in the Translation Memory! These converted versions can be found in the TM widget and can used as a starting point to translate into the other language.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- The conversion in the TM widget is available and enabled on for all users from Rigel 7 version on. There is no need to configure anything to use it.
- Segments which don't have any match for the current target language will be considered as new, even though there are converted translations available for it as converted translations should be used & reviewed with caution.
- Segments in the TM with the same language of the current task which match fully or partially segments of the task will still prevail over converted translations.
- Converted translations are automatically inserted into target segments.
How it works
1. First translate into one of the two languages (ex: Simplified Chinese)
2. For tasks with similar source content in the other language (ex: Traditional Chinese), converted translations will be provided by the TM widget and are inserted automatically into target segments:
3. You can check whether a translation is a converted version by clicking the "i" info button on the right-hand side of it: