This article will show you how to configure your project, by setting up a
Translation Memory, a
Term Base, adding different
Local Configurations, changing the
Workflows and many other settings.
How to access my project settings?
Once inside your project view, you will see on the left navigation bar, among other tools, the settings button. Click on it to access the settings of your project.
In this view, you will see the General configuration that corresponds to the language and CAT Tools settings for the whole project, and also the Local configurations that allow you to choose different settings for the language pairs you wish.
The General configuration allows you to configure settings for the whole project. Among them you can find:
- The default languages: the source one and the target ones can be chosen here
- Linking a
Translation Memoryand a
Term Baseto your project is done in the second section, CAT Tools
- Within options, you can decide if you want Contribution to be enabled, as for the notifications, and also if you want your project to automatically delete the old duplicates
- Finally, you can set up Inbound limits for the processed words of your project
Once you have changed your settings, you can save them either by clicking the Save General configuration button or by clicking the button within each category.
By default, below the Local configurations, you will have one default configuration which applies to all the language pairs. However, if you want to add a specific configuration (for example if you want to set up a Machine Translation for one unique pair), you can add a new configuration by clicking on the button. You will then have to choose a source and a target language before creating this new configuration.
What can be set up under a local configuration?
For each local configuration, you can set up:
- The workflow
- The language segmentation, that can be set up to None, Paragraph, or Sentence. For more details
- The repetition scope, that corresponds to the scope you want to be taken into account by the correlations. This mechanism is explained here
- The office hours
- For normal and urgent tasks, you can set up the different suggested delivery time
- The assignation limit corresponds to the number of tasks each user can assign to himself through auto-assignation
- Within tools, the auto transition can be turned on or off, and you can also set up a Kinsoku tag
- You can also set up a machine translation that will be used to the corresponding language pair. Scope and char limit are to be set up here. To find out all the information you need to set up correctly a MT engine, click here
- You can finally set up the price per word for each type of filling (TM match, new, MT, correlations)
Once you have changed your settings, you can save them either by clicking the Save Local configuration button or by clicking the button within each category.